This page contains details of the courses in research skills we are developing. It will be regularly updated: please check in to see what’s on offer.
- We held ongoing research skills courses and support at our Newcastle, Durham, South Shields and Sunderland research groups.
- There were two sessions about using Ancestry.co.uk at Durham’s Clayport Library from 1-3pm on Tuesday 22nd and Tuesday 29th September. These have been developed for and in consultation with our Durham-based research group, however, if you’d like to attend similar sessions in future please contact Jude : email@example.com .
- Northumbria University PhD student Sarah Hellawell gave a fascinating talk about her research methods in exploring the life of Dr Ethel Williams.
- A course in Mentoring Heritage Volunteers was held on 24th May 2016, led by Dr John Charlton.
- There was ongoing support, facilitated by the Project Organiser and peer mentoring, in utilising digitised heritage
- Recreating the First World War in South Shields was a 10-week course helping learners to identify with the experiences of South Shields residents who lived through the Great War.