This page contains links and updates about our volunteer research groups in:
- South Shields
Watch this space for details of meetings and visits to archives and museums. If you’d like to be involved, please contact Jude Murphy: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 0191 212 6100.
- The South Shields Research Group and class met regularly on Thursday mornings
- The Durham Research Group met as frequently as possible and received research skills support from tutor Margaret Hedley. Next meeting date Thursday 3rd March, Clayport Library, 1pm. For further information, please contact Jude: email@example.com / Tel: 0191 212 6100.
- A meeting of the Newcastle and Durham Research Groups was be held jointly on Tuesday 1st March, 10am-12noon, visiting the Tom Marshall Collection at Gateshead Central Library’s Local Studies Section, Prince Consort Road, Gateshead. If you need further details, please contact Jude: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 0191 212 6100.
- Another meeting of the Newcastle and Durham Research Groups was held jointly on Thursday 3rd December 1pm-4pm, visiting the Ethel Williams Collection in Newcastle University Robinson Library’s Special Collections. The Robinson Library is at Jesmond Road West, Newcastle upon Tyne .
Meet at the Library Reception at 1pm.
This follows up on our previous talk, “Dr Ethel Williams: Women’s Activism on Tyneside and Beyond” which was given by Northumbria University PhD researcher, Sarah Hellawell.
- The Sunderland Research Group began at 10am on Monday 5th October at the The Donnison School Heritage, Education and Media Centre, Church Walk, Sunderland SR1 2BJ. This continued weekly with sessions incorporating training in research skills.
- Knitted Gardens and Growing Our Research looks at the Newcastle Research Group’s inaugural meeting.
- Research, Painting and Exhibiting Across the Region looks at the inaugural meeting of the Durham Research Group.